Thursday, May 7, 2015

God is in Control!

While this initial devotional may not focus entirely on leadership, it was still a great experience!

God is in control! No matter what you may be going through, be it good times, bad times, hard times, trouble, or sorrow, He is in control and knows what you are going through. Do not fear. Do not worry. You are safe in His hands!

I don't remember who said this, but I remember seeing this quote online somewhere: "Safe in His hands, secure in His love; when life gets too hard, just look up above." This also brings to mind the song "Safe," by Phil Wickham. Just know that whatever is going on, you're not alone. Also listen to the song "Not Alone," by Red.

During my devotional tonight, I read over sorrow. There are two kinds: good and bad. The difference I saw between the two as I read Matthew 27:3-5 for bad sorrow and Luke 22:54-62 for good sorrow is the the former comes from a worldly viewpoint, whereas the latter has a godly viewpoint.

Judas returned to those he turned Jesus over to and returned the money he was paid. I think he may have thought that that would right his wrong. However, the results of his actions were much deeper. This seems to be a worldly viewpoint. Simple, shallow, material actions don't have near the value that thoughtful, meaningful actions do.

That leads to Peter and his sorrow after he denies three times knowing Christ. In the example from Luke, Christ looks straight at Peter after the third denial. Peter knew what he did. However, he reacted differently. Luke says that he wept. Now, the simple action of crying over your mistakes will not lead anywhere. I believe that there was deeper meaning to Peter's reaction. I believe that he not only saw his mistake, and responded through weeping, but I think he truly had a change inside. I think he knew that there had to be inward change. That action wasn't simple. There was something inside that needed changing, a change from God.

We can learn from these Biblical examples and principles. Take them to heart. Also consider the following verses.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
God is there for you! No matter what happens, He is beside you if you only trust in Him and accept Him.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
He will even direct you to the right paths to take along the way!

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Back to the beginning: God is in control! Trust in Him, do not worry, do not fear. "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment