Monday, May 25, 2015

Goals

Tonight, I listened to "You Are Everything," by Matthew West.

"Where would I be without Someone to save me, Someone Who won't let me fall? You are everything that I live for, everything that I can't believe is happening. You're standing right in front of me with arms wide open. All I know is everyday is filled with hope. 'Cause You are everything that I believe for, and I can't help but breathe You in, breathe again, feeling all this life within every single beat of my heart."

Tonight's verse is Proverbs 29:26: "Many seek an audience with a ruler, but it is from the Lord that man gets justice." (NIV) You may have plans and goals, but make sure to include God in them, since His is the purpose to prevail.

John Maxwell notes that, "Goals give you something concrete to focus on, and that has a positive impact on your actions." You should have something backing up what you are doing. Have goals behind your actions.

It is important to set goals for yourself. However, you should make sure they are not too lofty for you to reach, while at the same time ensuring you will still have to put forth effort to achieve them.

Your organization or group probably has goals. As a leader, you should help your followers and yourself reach those goals. Look to God for guidance about how to work toward your goals. Don't cut corners or cheat. Rather, follow an honest, honorable path.

What are your goals? It is important to take note of them, even physically write them down (suggests Maxwell). Work toward those goals with God as your main focus!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment