Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Follow the Leader

Tonight, I listened to "While I'm Waiting," by John Waller.

"I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting, I will serve You. While I'm waiting, I will worship. While I'm waiting, I will not faint. I'll be running the race, even while I wait."

We must remember to follow God no matter what the circumstances are. If we are going through a storm, trust that He is in control. Follow Him. If you are in peaceful times, still remember that He is there to guide you. Follow Him!

Here is the verse for tonight:

"So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow
Elijah and became his attendant." (1 Kings 19:21, NIV) Elisha was attracted to Elijah and his leadership. Thus, he did what he needed to to follow him.

"In most situations, you draw people who possess the same qualities you do." (John Maxwell)

Maxwell notes that it is possible to attract those different than yourself, but you will have to work harder at it than you do to attract those similar to you.

You need followers to be an effective leader. To paraphrase an old saying: without people following you, you're only taking a walk.

If you want to attract people with positive qualities, you must first portray those qualities.

Reflect on this question: "What kind of people do you attract?" Be honest with yourself. Then, ask yourself, What kind of people do I want to attract?

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment